Researcher for indoor location tracking using wireless IoT technology and visible light positioning
The "WAVES" research group is the expertise center of the Department of Information Technology of Ghent University/IMEC in Belgium for physical-layer research of advanced wireless networks.
Indoor positioning and tracking systems have gained huge interest because of the many context-aware applications that have emerged lately. These applications are situated in domains such as the healthcare, the industry, and the cultural sector. The innovations taking place in the context of the Internet of Things (IoT) enable us with opportunities for indoor positioning.
Important research domains in the context of wireless positioning are:
- Visible light positioning VLP, visible light communication VLC
- Exploiting the polarization state in VLC
- Angle-of-Arrival-based vs. Time-of-Arrival-based vs. RSSI-based positioning
- Physical layer positioning using heterogeneous wireless technologies
- Positioning with low-power wide area IoT networks using LoRa, SigFox technology designed to support Internet-of-Things applications
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to perform research in the domains above in both national and international European projects. Candidates with a Master degree in Electrical engineering, Computer engineering, and Physics engineering qualify for this research job. Experience is not necessary but interest in wireless communications is a definite plus.
What do we offer? We offer a pleasant work climate within a young dynamic team and the possibility of obtaining a PhD. If you are interested in joining our research team, address your application letter and curr. vitae to:
Isabelle Van der Elstraeten
INTEC - WAVES
iGent, Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 126
9052 Gent, BELGIUM