- IEEE BTS Young Professionals workshop YP-BTS, "5G Challenges and Opportunities for Innovation in Broadband Multimedia and Broadcasting", April 15-16, 2019, London, UK.
- Prof. Verhulst was awarded a Young Investigator Spotlight presentation (for PIs who have started their labs less than 5 years ago) at the yearly Advances in Auditory Neuroscience (APAN) symposium in San Diego. “[The] selection is a testament to the exceptional promise, productivity and creativity of [her] research”
- Coming up: The 11th international speech-in-noise workshop (SpiN 2019), 10-12 January 2019.
- Coming up: Urban Sound Symposium, 3-5 April 2019 in Ghent, Belgium.
- M. Foerster, A. Thielens, W. Joseph, M. Eeftens, M. Röösli, “Prospective cohort study on adolescents' memory performance and individual brain dose of microwave radiation from wireless communication”, Environmental Health Perspectives, 2018. (IF: 9.78) doi, press release.
- R. Aminzadeh et al. win third best scientific paper award presented in the Platform Competition:
"Human Exposure Assessment in Indoor Environments Using A 60 GHz Personal Exposure Meter", BioEM2018 Joint Meeting of The Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA), June 24-29, Portorož, Slovenia.
- WAVES publication wins best paper award at WEB2018:
Toon De Pessemier, Enias Cailliau, Luc Martens, "Heart Rate Monitoring and Activity Recognition Using Wearables"
- Successful proof of concept demos by Nico and Jens (Hycoware) and by Said, Κris, Jens and lead David (Monicow). Congrats!
- WAVES demo LEDsTrack at IMEC ITF by Sander, Willem and David.
- M. Foerster, A. Thielens, W. Joseph, M. Eeftens, M. Röösli, “Prospective cohort study on adolescents' memory performance and individual brain dose of microwave radiation from wireless communication” Environmental Health Perspectives, accepted. (IF: 9.78, Q1)
- Visit of European Parliament Member Lieve Wierinck to the Hearing Technology Lab:
On Friday Feb. 23rd, MEP Wierinck visited the Hearing Technology lab @ WAVES in the framework of the “STOA Science meets Parliament” scheme in which Prof. Verhulst participated. After an initial visit of Prof. Verhulst to the European Parliament, it was MEP Wierincks’ turn to experience the different and interdisciplinary ways in which hearing difficulties and possible solutions are investigated at UGent.
- WAVES publication accepted in Nature:
Arno Thielens, Duncan Bell, David B Mortimore, Mark K Greco, Luc Martens, Wout Joseph, “Exposure of Insects to Radio-Frequency Electromagnetic Fields from 2 to 120 GHz", Nature Scientific Reports, 2018, http://rdcu.be/H9Ec.