- R. Aminzadeh et al. win third best scientific paper award presented in the Platform Competition:
"Human Exposure Assessment in Indoor Environments Using A 60 GHz Personal Exposure Meter", BioEM2018 Joint Meeting of The Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA), June 24-29, Portorož, Slovenia.
- WAVES publication wins best paper award at WEB2018:
Toon De Pessemier, Enias Cailliau, Luc Martens, "Heart Rate Monitoring and Activity Recognition Using Wearables"
- Successful proof of concept demos by Nico and Jens (Hycoware) and by Said, Kris, Jens and lead David (Monicow). Congrats!
- WAVES demo LEDsTrack at IMEC ITF by Sander, Willem and David.
- M. Foerster, A. Thielens, W. Joseph, M. Eeftens, M. Röösli, “Prospective cohort study on adolescents' memory performance and individual brain dose of microwave radiation from wireless communication” Environmental Health Perspectives, accepted. (IF: 9.78, Q1)
- Visit of European Parliament Member Lieve Wierinck to the Hearing Technology Lab:
On Friday Feb. 23rd, MEP Wierinck visited the Hearing Technology lab @ WAVES in the framework of the “STOA Science meets Parliament” scheme in which Prof. Verhulst participated. After an initial visit of Prof. Verhulst to the European Parliament, it was MEP Wierincks’ turn to experience the different and interdisciplinary ways in which hearing difficulties and possible solutions are investigated at UGent.
- WAVES publication accepted in Nature:
Arno Thielens, Duncan Bell, David B Mortimore, Mark K Greco, Luc Martens, Wout Joseph, “Exposure of Insects to Radio-Frequency Electromagnetic Fields from 2 to 120 GHz", Nature Scientific Reports, 2018, http://rdcu.be/H9Ec.
- LEDsTrack project selected for imec technology forum 2018 demo floor.
- IEEE BTS Young Professionals workshop YP-BTS, "The Convergence of Broadcasting and 5G Enabling Technologies", chairs: Guiseppe Araniti, Wout Joseph, April 16-17, 2018 in Calabria, Italy.
- Inauguration Bolte, Haagse Hogeschool, Den Haag, the Netherlands, February 1, 2018, presentation Haagse Hogeschool – UGent. Congratulations John!
- Ie-net awards thesis student Max Schoepen the runner-up prize in the category industrial engineering for his smart collar design for dairy cows.
- WAVES Wi-Fi network planning tool (WHIPP) featured in imec magazine and Wireless Design & Development.
- Prof. Luc Martens has been named president-elect of the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA)!
- Researcher Sergei Shikhantsov wins best poster presentation (1st place) at the BioEM 2017 Joint Meeting of The Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA) with his paper "Human EM-exposure comparison of future wireless technologies: ATTO vs. massive MIMO."
- MoniCow project featured in Kanaal Z video report on innovative technologies.